Sunday, January 19, 2014

Planning Mistake #1 The Dress

Planning Mistake: Blowing Your Fashion Budget On Just the Dress



Maybe you have $1,500 set aside for your look. That doesn't mean you can buy a $1,500 gown! Tack on tax, and if you're not buying off the rack, you could get charged for shipping. You might need alterations too. Consider your undergarments, shoes, hair accessories and jewelry when budgeting as well.


Princess Diana's dress was as beautiful as it was. Was over the top expensive dress. 

The 250-yard lace, tulle and ivory silk taffeta gown, with over 10,000 pearls and sequins covering its layers upon layers of fabric and an equally grand 25-foot-long train to boot, garnered plenty of attention during its world tour last year. Even though poufy sleeves went out with shoulder pads decades ago, the dramatic gown is as enchanting today as it was back in the '80s -- and you can't put a price tag on that sort of timeless appeal. So here are our calculations: Runway-worthy fabric: $43,000. A modern-day remake of an iconic princess gown: $400,000. A diamond-doused showstopper: $12 million.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new business and blog. You are off to a good start. One word of advice, before posting, make sure you check your grammar and edit thoroughly. New clients are much more likely to see you more professional if you work on this. Good luck, I hope you have great success with your dream job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice will double check from now on in. And for being my first blog I'll try to do better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbi, Please don't think I was trying to just be critical. I was genuinely trying to be helpful. I know this is your first blog, and it is difficult. I was an English Major, so things jump off the page at me ;). I have experience with Weddings and Decorating as well. If you ever want me to look at something, need my advice, want me to leave you the heck alone, lol, just let me know, I am glad to help!!

      Delete